We are offering a drop in on Monday 8th April between 10 and 12 where parents can bring in their devices and receive help to set parental controls on their devices. Below is a step by step if you would like to do this at home.
How to set parental controls on Android and iPad’s
Follow these steps – iPad
- Go to Settings > Screen Time.
- Tap Content & Privacy Restrictions and enter your Screen Time passcode.
- Tap Content Restrictions, then tap Web Content.
- Choose Unrestricted Access, Limit Adult Websites, or Allowed Websites Only.
Follow these steps – Android
- On the device you want parental controls on, open the Play Store app .
- In the top left corner, tap Menu Settings Parental controls.
- Turn “Parental controls” On.
- Create a PIN. …
- Tap the type of content you want to filter.
- Choose how to filter or restrict access.
Other useful resources can be found at www.nspcc.org.uk and www.nationalonlinesafety.com