We recently simplified some of our workers job titles and roles and felt that ‘Family Wellbeing Practitioner’ was a good way of describing the support that we can offer.
All families need support at different times of their lives and we recognise that children’s wellbeing is impacted by the wellbeing of their families, parents and carers. Children’s wellbeing means our children growing up feeling loved and respected, and being equipped to realise their full potential. For this to be achieved families need to be able to access holistic whole family support at the right time, in a flexible and responsive way.
Through our Family Wellbeing service we can offer a wide range of supports including;
- Supporting parents to build capacity and maintain positive parenting
- Emotional support to restore positive mental health and wellbeing
- Advocacy to navigate difficult appointments and connect you with services that can offer further support
- Providing opportunities for children to share experiences within a safe space
- Helping children to understand and manage emotions
- Provide opportunities for parents and children to share positive experiences